Fall into Color, in the Blue Ridge Mountains
As summer temperatures begin to lower, the Blue Ridge Mountains begin to change, slowly transitioning into one of the most beautiful scenes in the world, full of color, and crisp clear air.
People travel from all over the world each year to experience Fall in the Blue Ridge Mountains, and for good reason. There is so much to see and do!
- See and photograph the stunning Fall Colors - Did you know that the Fall Color Season in the Blue RIdge Mountains is one of the longest lasting in the world?
- Mountain Apples - The Blue Ridge Mountains are famous for their Apples. Visit one of the many Apple Orchards and bring home fresh Mountain Apples, some handmade cider, or one of the many Apple treats available at many of the orchards.
- Waterfalls - One of the best times to see and photograph waterfalls is during the Fall. Not only can you see them better, but waterflow is generally heavier, and the Falls are surrounded by beautiful red, orange, and yellow leaves.
- Take a Scenic Drive - One of our most favorite things to do in the Fall is to take a scenic drive along one of the many scenic drives to view and enjoy the Fall Colors. If you enjoy riding motorcyles, there are numerous world famous rides in the Blue Ridge Mountains.
- See the Elk - The Great Smoky Mountains National Park, and areas surrounding it are full of Elk, that were reintroduced a number of years ago. If you visit in late September and early October, it's Rut Season, and wonderful time to see and hear the Elk.
- Go for a Hike - Fall is a wonderful time to take a scenic hike through the Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains. In particular, high elevation hikes with outstanding views give you incredible views of the Fall colors.
Top Guides for Fall Fun
Fall Scenic Drives and Motorcyle Rides
One of the most popular things to do during Fall in the Blue Ridge Mountains is to take a scenic drive, in either a car, or on your Motorcycle to enjoy the views, and beautiful, bright Fall colors.
Whether you're a Motorcycle enthusiast, or just prefer a nice relaxing scenic drive, the Blue Ridge Mountains have the perfect roads for you. One of the most popular drives in the World, goes from Virginia to Cherokee NC, the famous Blue Ridge Parkway.