With Fall here, and colder weather moving in, it’s time to break out the soups and chowders. This Cheesy Bacon Corn Chowder Recipe is really easy to make, and tastes absolutely delicious!
Cheesy Bacon Corn Chowder Recipe
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 6 slices of bacon cut into pieces
- 1 1/2 of bell pepper diced (to add color you can use a mix of red, yellow, orange)
- 2 jalapeño peppers
- 4 cups of frozen or fresh corn
- 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 3 cups of chicken broth
- 2 cups of half-and-half
- 1 cup of shredded Monterey Jack
- 1 cup of either cheddar (or pepper jack depending on how spicy you want it)
- 1/3 cup of sliced green onions
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a large pot, cook bacon until crisp on med-high heat. Remove bacon and set aside until later. Cook onions, bell peppers and jalapeno pepper in the bacon grease until tender (about five to ten minutes). Add the butter and once melted add corn, cook another minute.
Sprinkle in the flour over top of the vegetables. Pour in the chicken broth and stir well. Let this cook until it thickens for about 3-4 minutes, reduce heat to low. Stir in the half-and-half, allow to simmer for about 15 minutes.
Once it thickens add in cheeses, green onions and bacon. Once the cheese is melted it is ready to serve and eat! We served ours up with some hot backed garlic bread.